Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SIX THINGS. . .

So, I got a request from the ever hilarious Cottage Cheese Thighs, to name 6 things I am a master at. And it honestly made me think. Cause really, there are are lots of things I'm mediocre at, and hundreds of things I suck at, but master? Well, it took some serious thought to come up with six, but here it is. Six things I am a master at.

  1. Brainstorming. Now, you are probably thinking what does that even mean? But yes. Honestly I am so great at coming up with ideas. Did you know inside this head of mine I've got thousands of fabulous ideas I am just sure will make me & hubs millions one day? Now, if only I had the follow-through of a master.
  2. Traveling to Hawaii. Oahu and Maui to be specific. I know all the best spots to snorkel at, hike at, eat at, and lay out at. Really. Does this make you want to take me with you to Hawaii next time you go? It was worth a try.
  3. Design. Now, this is kinda hard to explain, but I think I have a really good eye for things. For example I have a fairly good idea what looks good on people. I single handedly picked out my sister-in-laws wedding dress. She didn't even have it in her pile of dresses to try on, but I talked her into it, and I'm so glad she did cause she looked AMAZING in it. Another example of this, is that I can see all the possibilities of a run down home that just needs some love. I really have a good vision for "what could be". If I had lots of money I honestly think it would be so fun to design and flip fixer-upers.
  4. Talking. I wish I could say listening, cause it seems more Zen and evolved, but really most of the time I am listening I am just thinking of the next thing to say. This is a terrible quality/habit that I am always trying to fix, but I just can't help it. I love to get together with my friends and chat, chat, chat. I love talking about books (shout out to the bookclub), reality TV, politics, religion, food. Anything really. I usually say way to much, as you probably know if you are any sort of regular reader, but I truly believe the whole point of life is to learn from and cultivate relationships. How do you do this if you aren't willing to share and be honest? So next time I say something on here that makes you want to cringe cause it's just simply too much info, just remember I'm cultivating our relationship. Yes, even in cyberland.
  5. Loyalty. This might sound like a weird thing to be a master at, but it's true. I am loyal to my favorite clothing brands in that once I find something that works, why switch? Loyal to my favorite restaurants and frequent them regularly even going so far as always ordering the same thing. Why mess up perfection? And did I mention that Hubs was my first Love? Yep. High School Sweethearts.
  6. Number six is a tie with two different things. I thought I'd throw some negative things on here, cause lets not forget people that that cup really is half empty, and that cookie half gone. So, laziness & spending money. I am a master at being lazy. I would like to say it's that I am a homebody and prefer to sit rather than stand, but in all honestly it's laziness. Although I do love a clean and orderly home which doesn't really go with laziness, but ask anyone who is close to me and they will say that I am lazy. So sue me if I'd rather go lay on the beach than take a hike. Really now. And I am totally okay with it. Adds to the charm I think. And if you need someone to go shopping with, just ask. Cause I can spend money like a champ. Just ask hubs. Or actually don't. It's kinda a sore spot. Love you babe!

So there you have it. Six things I am a master at. I am pretty sure I am supposed to tag 6 people, but since I know NONE of you will actually do it, I am letting you off the hook, so you don't feel all guilty and stuff. But just know that I would think it would be really fun to hear a master list from all 6 of you who read my blog. Plus, it's kinda cathartic, and therapeutic in a strange way.

2 comments:

Jen said...

If you're good at design, you should come over and do my nursery. Or really, my whole house, cos I really suck at it.

I love people who are good at talking. I'm so quiet, it's easier with people who just don't notice I'm not really contributing to the conversation.

bingham 5 said...

Fabulous list! If we could only shop together and talk, two other things I am very good at! And I will be joining your virtual book club next book