Tuesday, January 26, 2010

JANUARY PICK --THE HELP


So, I'm in a book club with a group of really fabulous women, whom I absolutely adore. We pick a book each month and get together and discuss it, amongst other things. So to kick off book club this year I went ahead and picked the book for this month. I'd heard such great things about The Help by Kathryn Stockett that I decided to go ahead and choose it.. And since I've started it, I have been pleased with my pick.
And since I love to read, and know many of you do as well, especially a few of you who live far away, I decided to go ahead and let you all know what book we will be reading each month, then after our group meets, I will post our group's thoughts about the book, as well as my own. And I thought it might be fun for y'all to join in the discussion if you would like. Kind of like an extended virtual on-line book club. So here is my invitation if you would like in on the virtual discussion.
The book for January is The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
Sorry for the short notice, but I will be posting my thoughts about it on Friday February 12th. That gives you a few weeks to read it if you so desire. On the 12th I will be sure and inform you of our next choice so any of you who are interested in joining in our virtual discussions can do so, with plenty of time in February to read the next book.
And if you have already read this book, feel free to comment on my post on Feb. 12th. I am interested to hear what others have thought about this book but haven't finished it yet, and don't want any spoilers, so please wait till the 12th.
Hope you join in!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great pick! I suggested it in February for our book club here in Seattle. I'd love to join the conversation!