Wednesday, January 6, 2010

PURE RANDOMNESS

  • Heard the heartbeat today. It's still going strong. Nausea has mostly passed. Thank heavens.
  • I am getting really super duper excited for Lost. I really hope this season lives up to all the hype, and most importantly, my expectations.
  • I am convinced Life cereal actually tastes better dry than in a bowl with milk.
  • I got some maternity jeans yesterday for two dollars and fifty cents. Pretty sure I'm the best bargain shopper ever.
  • I think maybe it's because I'm thirty now, but I had some seriously long thoughts about not watching this season's Real World. I figured that I am now mostly ten years older than most of those chumps and it's just weird. Then my brother told me that he loves to watch college basketball and they are ten years younger than him, and that made me feel slightly better. I'm considering adding it back to my tivo list.
  • I have ventured back to spin class. I realize that I really do love to ride, and miss my road bike terribly. It's been hard to justify getting out for a two-hour ride though when I have little kids, but I'm thinking as soon as I'm all healed up from my c-section I'm going to start riding this summer. Maybe start a girls only group on Saturdays? Any takers?
  • For some reason, see previous bullet point, I say the word "terrible" ALL. THE. TIME. now. It's like I've forgotten words like horrible. It's my new go-to word. I blame Charles Barkley.
  • Speaking of Charles Barkley, he is going to be on SNL this week. I am slightly excited.
  • I have no idea why, maybe because there are no good shows on TV anymore since Glee went on hiatus, but I tivoed The Bachelor. Which makes no sense cause I hate Jake, and think he is boring and lame, and boring. And he cries alot. But the girls are always so crazy and fun to watch. Still can't believe some girls cry after being sent home the first episode. I mean, you met the guy once! Unreal!
  • I really hate the cold and snow, and am super jealous of my in-laws who are currently in Maui. Booo to them.
  • I used to only hate putting clean laundry away, but now I also really hate doing laundry. Really hate. It's terrible. (See, there it is again.)
  • I was thrilled this week when I found out they finally make TALL maternity Gs. Hooray.
  • Was that too much info?
  • I really love tangy taffy. The long wide kind that they used to have at Starship theaters, and can now only find in limited quantities at some sevs. Oh, and not the kind with watermelon crap or sparkles in them. Gross.
  • Also, I forgot about this before, but seriously, how many times can they show Jake, the bachelor with his shirt off? It was getting to be ridiculous. That man sure loves his abs.
  • Been thinking about painting the nursery grey. Hubs didn't really say anything when I told him. I think this is because he thinks it's a terrible idea, and he is hoping grey is a phase and that it will pass. I'm afraid my friends, it's not passing. Grey is totally appropriate in a nursery.
  • I am thinking of cutting my hair off. I think this is because I'm feeling fat and pregnant and not cute. However, I am afraid I will cut it off, and then it will make my face look fat and then I will feel fat. And then I will be exactly where I started. This is very vain and ridiculous.
  • I just re-read this post up until here, and I am very depressingly boring. Sorry.
  • I have 16 more minutes till my R.S. presidency meeting in which I will for the second time tie 100 bows on to 100 bookmarks. So help me if they change the lesson schedule again. . .
  • We still haven't taken down our Christmas decorations. This is sad, and shows just exactly how tired I am. I thought that was supposed to pass after week 12. Heck maybe I'll just leave em up until next year.
  • I love my new minivan so much. It is my favorite car ever. The automatic doors, the rear DVD, free sirius radio. It's like how I would imagine a chariot in heaven might be.

I think that is enough randomness for one day. Hope you are all having a fabulous start to twenty-ten!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Too fun!

Cut your hair. It will feel liberating!

Let's lower our expectations for Lost and we both won't be disappointed.

I think one gets wiser when they turn 30. I can already feel it :)

I like grey. A lot.

Love minivans. Can't wait to drive one myself someday.

marcie b said...

thanks for making me smile. once again you have said so much that i would like to: anxiety about lost, sick of being cold, LOVE tangy taffy (without watermelon seeds,) wondering if 30 makes you too old to watch any mtv programming (the real world/road rules challenges and jersey shore topping the list,) painting a nursery grey and cutting all my hair off, but being too afraid that it will make me look fatter than i already do...i think i will just stop blogging (not that i do often anyway) and redirect people to yours. i am glad to hear that you are feeling better, nothing like a little nausea to start the day...mine just came back. blech. do you suppose we will ever have "book club" again?

marijke rossi said...

Love the blog. I always laugh out loud. I would love to be part of the bike thing.