Friday, November 27, 2009

A LITTLE FRESH TWIST FOR THE RIMMERS

So, I've got a great little bit of news for those livin' in or near The Rim. A new little pay-by-the-ounce Fro Yo shop just opened up west of Cafe Rio and Citris Grill on 3300 south, and honestly, I couldn't be happier. As much as I love me some Maverick, and Top stop fro yo, both are more than a little bit of a drive. And frankly, I feel guilty sending Hubs out for such a drive all in the name of a little fro-yo. But now that we've got one right in our hood I hope to be a frequent visitor. Plus, they also have a serious assortment of toppings to go on your chosen yogurt. Fruit, candy, and the works. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Here is their current list of yogurts on tap. Plus they have added pumpkin, and egg nog for the holidays.

In all honesty, I haven't tried it out yet, but it's on today's To-Do list. And I will be sure to update with my review later. Three Cheers for Fresh Twist upping the awesomeness of The Rim's thirty-third dining out options. Woohoo!~
UPDATE: We went and experienced Fresh Twist for ourselves yesterday and I must say, the Fro Yo was delish. I'm wishing they had a few more topping options, but I'm sure that will come with time. I couldn't decide between something sweet, and something tart, so I went for both! Love that! Half my bowl was french vanilla with a little bit of Butterfinger bits on top, and the other half was the Raspberry (my fav!) with a granola on top! And it was oh so yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Naptimenostalgia! Thanks! We have been taking recommendations on toppings and may get another 4*2 drawer for more options ~ what do you think we are missing?

I’ve been thinking: Fruity Pebbles, Brownie, Peanuts, Cookie Dough, and Cheese Cake Balls.

Crushed Heath Bar, Rice Mochi, Reece’s Pieces, and Peanut Butter Chips are new since your first visit I think.

Konrad @ Fresh Twist

naptime nostalgia said...

Hi Konrad!

So glad to hear about the new addition of the Reece's Pieces! Yum-o!

I would of course be thrilled if you guys did snicker bar minis or pieces. My absolute favorite, and I'm sure it would make my visits all the more frequent. ;)

Also, have you heard of yogurt chips? They are like mini chocolate chips made out of yogurt. Goes really great with the tart yogurts.

Also, if you guys could get crushed up sugar cones (instead of the bland regular kind)--that would be pretty genius as well.

Also, down in St. George they had a reece's pieces fro-yo that was delish. That might be kinda fun.

Oh, and for the holiday you could put out crushed up candy canes, and around girl scout time-- you could make an absolute killing with crushed up Samoas and Thin Mints.

Just a few fun ideas. Man, with all my genius ideas, you guys should add me to your payroll ;).