Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THANKSGIVING BREAKFAST


So, I decided that Thanksgiving should be a day filled entirely with good eats. Because breakfast on this particular Thursday often gets overlooked, I've decided to whip up this little bit of lovely for tomorrow mornin'. I am hoping this makes watching the Thanksgiving day parade on T.V. with my kiddos a little more bearable. I mean, I can't even stand a real parade for heavens sakes let alone one on television. And although I've never made these sticky buns before, apparently it only takes 5 minutes of prep tonight, and 25 measly minutes of cookin' time in the a.m. Just my kinda cookin'. Here's the delicious goods if ya wanna give it a go yerself.

Overnight Sticky Buns
recipe courtesy of ShortStop
Place 14 frozen dinner rolls in a buttered bunt pan.
Sprinkle rolls with 6 T. of butterscotch pudding mix (not instant)
Mix together:
1 stick melted butter
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Pour butter mixture over rolls.
Cover with foil, and let rise overnight.
Do. Not. Refrigerate.
In the morning, bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and invert bunt pan onto circular platter.
Serve immediately.
mmmmmmmm. Sounds delish, right? Hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving tomorrow filled with lots of food, family and fun!

1 comment:

Max Sartin said...

Mmmmmm, sounds wonderful. Also sounds like it would send my A1C level into the red zone.