Monday, November 2, 2009


Dear Mattel,

Thanks to you I almost choked on my honey bunches of oats this morning and died. You see, it was all I could do not to laugh as I was mid-swallow during breakfast this morning. You might be wondering how this is your fault. Three ridiculous words Mattel.

Sugar. Daddy. Ken.


admiringly,

Amy



White pants, white shoes, pink polo shirt, green Jacquard jacket, hair for days, and a mini dog complete with pink leash. All this for only $81.99


Palm beach Sugar Daddy ken debuts in April. Pre-order yours today!

4 comments:

Max Sartin said...

I thought this HAD to be a joke. But, alas, no. I Googled "Sugar Daddy Ken" and got an article from ABC news on it. Holy cow.

A Paperback Writer said...

Are you sure it's not RETRO KEN in his 1977 leisure suit?
When I just saw the pic on Max's blog, I really thought it was a Ken from my childhood days -- when men actually (shudder) wore white patent leather slip on shoes.

A Paperback Writer said...

But wait -- there's more!!
From Mattel:
"We are a good brand and we inspire girls around the world to do amazing things, and we are very proud of who we are and what we are."
Uh, if they have an ADULT Barbie line and Sugar Daddy Ken, just what the heck are they "inspiring" girls to do here?
I think maybe it's time to invest in American Girl Dolls.

Darin and Marianne said...

How do you find stuff like this? That is crazy!