Monday, November 16, 2009

A LITTLE BIT OF EYE CANDY IN MY MAILBOX


Can I just take a moment and tell you all how much I love jcrew? Well, I do, and their latest catalog, was like a little piece of eye candy. I perused, and perused again. And even one more time. Just for good measure. Cause the pictures are just so lovely. Doesn't seem like a clothing magazine at all, but rather like a really cool photography art book that should belong on your coffee table. The pictures really are that charming.


And if we may, just for a moment, discuss the clothing? How great is their stuff lately? I'm just so impressed. The women's clothing is billowy, and light, and just so completely feminine. The Men's stuff is stylish, classic and rugged. (All things that make for a uber-handsome hubs. ;)) And the kids clothing? Where do I even begin? I've been a crew cuts fan for some time now (beginning with our family Christmas pictures last year) and continuing right on until today. And I will tell you what. One day, when I become super-rich, and have all sorts of savings, and retirement, and mission funds, etc, etc. Then, I am going to go and open a Crew Cuts franchise here in Salt Lake. Cause, I mean, really. Don't we have more children per square foot than any other state or something? Plus, I could really enjoy getting all those well made, cute, and classic clothes at cost.

But one of the greatest things about their most recent holiday catalog, was J.Crew's fabulous new gift guide. I mean really. Who wouldn't love to be a member of the "cashmere of the month club"? Or for those of you who fancy a little juje (accessories) like me, how about a gift to their "jewelry of the month club", or "shoe of the month club"? The gift that keeps on giving all year long. Pure marketing brilliance if you ask me. However, since they don't put said prices of clubs in the catalog or online, I'm sure they cost a pretty penny. But props for the creativity.

So, if you are like me, and love to browse a free catalog, do yourself a favor. Order one from j.crew and just enjoy. And hey, you might even find something to add to your wish list for Santa this year. ;)

Happy Perusing!

1 comment:

marcie b said...

i know, i know, i know. i have only looked at it once, but that is because i am saving more for later. is it sad that i get as excited for that and my anthropologie catalogs as much as i do my magazine subscriptions? usually i am sad because i can't afford one of each, but now i am sad and depressed because even if i could afford it, i can fit into it. i have died over the crewcuts line since it made its appearance, but i was able to see , touch and admire some of the line in SoHo and could not have been more smitten. if you need a partner in your crewcuts franchise, just holler.