Thursday, February 26, 2009

DO YOU HAVE HAIR?



THEN YOU CAN HELP.

You see, I am in a bit of a pickle. And I'm hoping you can help.

My problem?

Well, to explain I will have to take you back to an easier, much quieter time of my life. Before I had kids. For twenty five years of my life my hair grew fast. And I mean fast. Like I could grow out a chin-length bob down past my shoulder blades in 6-8 months flat. Bada-boom bada-bang. Long hair.

Now? Not so much. I've been growing my hair out for a good year now, and I think I've maybe put 4 inches on it. Lah-haim. Seriously now, I don't know if those kids of mine sucked my hair follicles dry or something, but my hair just won't grow anymore. And frankly, it's depressing.

So, instead of driving myself insane trying to do something that just isn't happening, I'm thinking about chopping it all off. Again. Cause well, I'm lazy and impatient. When my hair was super short it was easy to do. 3-5 minutes tops. Now? It takes me like 7-8 full minutes just to blowdry my hair. And that my friends, is just too long. I need to be in, out and on with life in less than 20-30 minutes. Thats shower included.

So, I'm thinking short. Really short. Something like what you see pictured above. I think it would be fun. Fun for spring, and fun for change. Cause you know how I need and like me some change.


So, getting to the point, I've had a couple of really great hairstylists that I like, but I'm looking to switch things up a bit. Wondering if any of you great bloggers out there know of a great hair stylist. Preferably someone who does kick ace short dos. And it wouldn't hurt if he/she was gifted in the coloring world as well. I really want someone that you love, and every time you walk out of the salon you feel like that lady on those pantene commercials. You know the one. All happy and shiny. Flipping her hair all around. I want to feel funky and young and fabulous. That's not too much to ask is it?

Anyhoo, if you know someone who might be up for the challenge, leave me a comment. It would make this almost thirty, frazzled mother of two, with raging bad hair super duper happy.

2 comments:

Sadie said...

lunatic fringe.... love the paul mitchell tecnique....love jared at the park city salon.... but really if you go to one of their master stylests you will not be dissapointed.... they are a bit pricey... but well worth it. I always feel like the cut lasts a long time too. they have 3 or 4 salons in slc.... ask jen... I am a salon snob... and have always loved them!

Darin and Marianne said...

I really like the girl that I go to. She works at Kami Hair. I know my hair style may not show it because I am a more conservative type. I think there are some stylists that are good at doing short and some long. This girl is definitely good at doing short. Her hair is short like the picture and it is darling! She is always booked like 2 to 3 months out. I know she is the most popular in the studio. You could check her out. Her prices arn't outragious either.