Friday, February 8, 2008

A LITTLE BLING

Did you think I was dead?

Well too bad. I'm not. Just enjoying a little time in Paradise. I thought I brought my cord that allows me to download pictures from my camera, but I guess I forgot that too. (along with everything else) You'll just have to wait until next week to be blown away by my fantastic photographic abilities. Ha ha.


But if I may, for a moment, I'd like to discuss something with you that I feel is necessary. Something that I feel is appropriate for us to get out in the open, and decide upon together.


Okay, are you ready? Here goes.


What exactly is the cutoff age when it is no longer appropriate to wear body glitter?


Now when I first posed this question to myself, (I know what you are thinking) my first instinct was to say, not a day over twelve. Then, I had to think back and admit to myself that I had been guilty of wearing body glitter in high school for certain reasons, which really isn't the point now, so then I decided on 17. Yes, this seems like a good fair number.


And let me just say, to clarify, that I'm not talking about body shimmer, or body lotion with a few glimmers in it. No, I'm talking about glitter. In gel form. That you apply to your body. In certain areas. That then sparkle.


Well, there is a lady that is travelling with our group. And for the reccord, she is the nicest lady ever, which is maybe why I feel the need to discuss this. Because it seems so tragic. Why in the world is such a perfectly nice lady wearing body glitter? I mean she looks like she got in a fight with tinkerbell. And it wierds me out.


Okay, so here is the thing, she is probably 6o. Seriously. I know she is just trying to give herself a little jushe, and make herself look fabulous, but really it's just making her look old. Way old. And pathetic. And well, I just want to take a sponge and scrub that stuff off of her. Is that wrong? I want to save her from her tube of body glitter.


And so this wonderful, nice older lady begs the question. When are you too old for body glitter?


Discuss.

























And yes. This is what happens when you have too much time on your hands.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Body glitter. I think once you graduate high school you are no longer allowed to wear it. But sometimes crazy old ladies can add some spice to their wrinkles by applying the youthful glimmer.

You are too funny!

I have been missing you. Hope you are having a blast.

Can't wait to see picture of the trip and I can't wait to see pictures of the NEW KITCHEN!!!!

Jenny said...

I'm still jealous you are in Puerto Rico.