Monday, February 25, 2008

AIDEN'S ABS



Okay, so I'm at the gym today doing my thing. In other words, trying to look like I know what the heck I am doing without killing myself. And I look over, and there is this guy there that looks so familiar. And I can't figure it out. Where do I know this guy? Is he some guy I've seen at the grocery store? My old dentist? Some dude from the dog park?

I'm sitting, well actually running, trying to figure this out. I swear, I really do have the worst memory. It's something I've actually looked into improving. It's not like I can't remember little things, but big things are the problem. Like sometimes I can't remember if something happened in a dream, or in real life. Seriously. I'm constantly saying, did that really happen, or was it another one of my fantabulous dreams?

Well, this guy in the gym is starting to bug me. But the thoughts of where I know this strange man, at least has gotten me thru my run (thank Goodness) and now has me stumped as I work my way through the ridiculously strange weight machines.

And then it happens. Right there on that silly ab cruncher thing. He sits down, er, well lays down on the ab cruncher next to me, and maybe it was cause he was up close, but then it hit me.

It's Aiden from Sex In The City! I kid you not. What could I do? I mean I'm bustin' my ass, er, actually my abs on this thing, and a full fledged celebrity is working his abs out right next to me. And it was wierd. And fantastic at the same time.

I almost wanted to stop him and let him know that I thought he was great with Carrie. And that I wish they never would have broken up the first time. Cause I liked him with Carrie. They worked. He was perfectly laid back and relaxed and well, just wonderful for her. And I didn't so much like him when he got back together with Carrie the seccond time. Cause he was too full of himself. Like love had scarred him or something.

And then, my abs start killing me, and I realize I should probably stop this insanity in my head, or I'm going to hurt myself. And then, well, I'm trying to think if I have anything he can autograph. And the only thing that doesn't have sweat on it (yeah, serious workout) was my shoe, and it is brand new. I mean, I could have him sign it, and then frame it or something.

But then i realize I don't have a sharpie. And I doubt he carries one around just in case, and odds are none of the other gym rats have one either. This is a serious problem. I have a full fledged celebrity right next to me, and nothing intellegent to say, or even a sharpie. Man, life is strange.

Then I'm done with my abs, so there is nothing left to do, but get up and move to something else. So I do. And at that very moment. He stands up to. And here is my chance.

But then, once he is all the way up, he maybe comes to my nose. And I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure John Corbett isn't under 5'8. And now that he's up close, his hair is way too long. And hmmm, something isn't right.

Nope, it's not Aiden. And let's be honest. What would he be doing at a gym in SLC at ten a.m.? But, seriously, he could be Aiden's brother, or his short cousin or something. Wierd.

And then I had to start laughing, and laughing, and remember, I'd already done my abs, so it hurt. I had to laugh at my complete stupidity. I spent a good 45 minutes trying to figure out who this short man was, and then another 20 or so, trying to work up the nerve to ask him for his autograph.

Can you imagine if I'd had? Oh. My. Gosh. That was too close.

So then I decided. Asking a celebrity if you can have their autograph is alot like asking a lady if she is pregnant. You shouldn't really do it unless they have a shirt on that says, "I'm pregnant." Or "I'm a celebrity." And even then. . . Cause really, that would have been mortifying. And I've already embarssed myself enough for one lifetime. Seriously, have I told you all about my Peter Hudacko story? Sorry, but my life is already chuck full of embarassing moments. And today, I barely escaped the jaws of mortification.

And I know this story is totally ridiculous, and actually, now that I'm typing it out, kinda embarassing in and of itself. But Wow. Just had to let you all know that John Corbett's TOO-short could-be-body double works out at my gym. Yay for me.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I loved Aiden. I wish they stayed together too.

But then Big is just Big so it is a hard battle.

But I would've thought you were the person of the week if you really saw him!