Wednesday, February 20, 2008

BLESSED

Okay, so I'm just sitting here after a night out with my girlfriends and I am just feeling a million different emotions, but above all, blessed.


It is currently one a.m. and I can't sleep cause I just had too much fun. My friends are the best. We talked about pregnancy(Congrats Katie!), foot psychics (I need her number Ash), old Skyline crushes, Politics ( I am the only democrat I think, or at least the only one who spoke up. I held strong though I think), Bear Lake, an old scary abandoned house in the cove that we once broke into (scary at the time, hillarious tonight), death, Eddy's good news, Fifty Cent, Cancer, the crazy guy who broke into Sara's house with whom she spooned with, the dog that ran into Sara's car, the dog that Sara ran over in Mexico, Alex Smith, Paris Hilton, Vitamin Water (Holla), Max's ridiculous sleep schedule lately, Puerto Rico, Kim Kardashian's too-good-to-be-true butt, and ate the best food ever.

I swear it is always amazing to me how I can stay up so late with these girls, talking about at times, the most ridiculous stuff, get only 4-5 hours of sleep, yet tomorrow I will feel totally and completely recharged. It's like I crave this girl time I have with my friends.


And I'm not completely sure why. All I know is that I get together with this particular group of girls and it just clicks. We don't need games, or activities, or movies. We just need a place and each other. It's amazing how fast the time flies when we get togther. It's fun reminiscing. It's fun talking to other mom's about how wierd it is that we're moms. It's fun hearing about Jen's fantastic life so I can live vicariously through her for a few hours a month. It's fun hearing about people's exciting news, and what they are planning to do next. And it's also fun being able to discuss the not-so-great things that we are going through. It's validating. And it's amazing.


Now, if you'd have told me ten years ago, when I was a senior in high school that this particular group of girls would be my girlfriends, I'd probably asked you what you were smoking (no offense girls :).


But it has been amazing to me, how in the past few years or so since we've been getting together how much I've grown to love them. Through trials, and tribulations, to sucesses and changes, it's great to know that I've got people who can make me laugh ridiculously hard.


And if I never do anything wonderful like write for the New York Times, or work for the president in Washington that will be okay, because I know those people don't get to get together with these girls and laugh right into the next day.


And that my friends, is simply, wonderful.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

cheers to good friends.

it sounds that you all love each other so much.

there is just nothing like girl friends and i feel bad for people that get married and never have a group of girls again because their husband is their life. husbands are important but you they can't replace your girl friends.