Friday, April 3, 2009

TV ROUNDUP

Okay, so I have been wanting to blog TV for a while now, but just haven't found the time, and then the posts started piling up, so instead of little individual posts on each show you are getting the prime time smorgasbord with a little sprinkling of other stuff. Prepare yourselves. It is kinda long, and kinda awesome.

  • REAL WORLD BROOKLYN

Um, yes I'm almost thirty, and yes I still watch MTV. Don't hate on it. You know you watch it too, only you probably watch the Hills. Ewww. Anyhoo, I've gone over this a million times, so I'll give you the short version. MTV was banned in our house. Now that I own my own home, and the TV the ban has been lifted. Because I was mentally scarred from the ban, I'm sure I will watch MTV into my nineties. Don't hate. Anyhoo, moving along. This season MTV brang the heat. I have to be honest and say I really loved the first couple of seasons, and even up into the Hawaii cast, but once they filmed in Las Vegas unfortunately RW took a turn for the worse and it was alot of booze, and clubbing and sex. But this season they did the unthinkable. They had 8 roomies! I know right? Stop the presses. And they didn't give them a job, and I think they only showed them clubbing/drinking in ONE episode. They had a really good group of people including a transgendered gal, an Iraqi vet, two kids from Salt Lake and a Mormon. I mean come on. How could I NOT watch? Turned out to be a pretty grand season. But the reason for this long mumbo jumbo is to tell you the greatest news. In the first episode Baya & Ryan (seen above) flirt. But since Ryan has a girlfriend they really never pursued the relationship further than friends which I loved. Then on Wednesday during the reunion special they announced that Ryan had broke it off with Belle and was now dating Baya!!!! I was so excited! I mean, Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch excited. And I'm all excited to tell Hubs, and he just rolls his eyes. So, I had to tell someone. And lucky for you, it's you. I hope they stay together through his second Iraq deployment, then get married and have lots of mini Baya and Ryans. Yes. I need to get a life.

  • Moving right along. . . that brings me to LOST.


My brain hurts. Does anyone elses? Oh how I have missed blogging about this show. I stopped because it was all so confusing, but I just had so many thoughts about this episode I just had to share.

  1. Okay first off, the picture. How great was that conversation between Hurley and Miles? Hurley throwing Back to the Future references out there was awesome. Hurley is by far my favorite character on LOST. My reaction to the conversation? I think Hurley said it best, "That was really confusing." No crap dude!
  2. Do the writers have any idea what in the sam heck is going on? Or are they just trying to confuse us all? I'm kinda convinced that the show is going to end in one of two ways. 1-after all the time travel the show ends with flight 815 crashing back into the island exactly the way it all began. *Cue sappy music*Showing that you can't change the past. Or 2-It will show them all boarding flight 815 again, except this time since they did all the stuff they did, the plane will land in LA just as it once should have. Either way, I'm kinda looking forward to my head not hurting so much on Wednesday nights. But I still say hands down, LOST is the best show on TV right now.
  3. What in the crap? Why was Kate wearing a scrunchie? She would never do that. And she bugged me this episode. I wanted to slap her. Not that I condone violence in the least. But why is she helping Ben?
  4. Jack is just plain annoying this season.
  5. I love Sawyer's daughter's name. Clementine. So cute.
  6. I've decided none of these people were taught very good communication skills. The thing that bugs me the most about this show, (which is probably why I love it) is why don't they ask more questions? I swear those people just like to be confused. You got Locke in your face? Ask him some questions. Chatting in a crazy room with Elly? Ask some questions people!
  7. Bring back Faraday!
  8. One final note, I want, er actually am craving a Richard Episode. Pretty please?
  • This is not in any way shape or form TV related, but I think I have a girl crush on Rachel McAdams.

  • BIGGEST LOSER

Okay, I am so loving this show. So inspirational! And Tara? That chick is amazing? I am so impressed. 100 pounds. Incredible! And those two Tongan cousins? Hysterical. Especially ( I think his name is Philip) the one with the fro and the crazy large mouth? He is funny.

  • JOHN & KATE PLUS 8

Um, did she really get TWO!!!! puppies when she has sextuplets and twins? No more sympathy for that lady. If she goes insane I won't feel one bit bad. Stop adding to the chaos already! And not letting her kids name the puppies? Two words. Control. Freak.

  • AMERICA'S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS

Don't worry, you didn't accidentally click over to someone elses blog. This is still Naptime and yes this show is in fact still on tv. I miss Bob Sagget. NOT! Just thought I'd bring the 90's back for a sec. So, one Sunday as I was perusing the channels, this show was on, and I stopped because, well because, I'm a sucker for silly humor. I mean how can you not laugh at people falling down? Am I too easily amused? Well, my kids were DYING. Laughing hysterically. It was so funny. I was laughing at them, laughing at the tv. It was awesome. My side hurt. I love when my side hurts. So, now it's on our TV schedule. And I'm telling you. And I'm not embarrassed. Cause my kids love "The funny show". And so will yours. As long as you don't mind them watching people get kicked in the balls. Check out a funny clip or two below.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/afv/index?pn=player&itemId=364210

  • And I did save the very best for last. Why? Cause last's the best of all the gang silly. And because the most awesomest thing ever was on today. JACK BLACK WAS ON YO GABBA GABBA! I (I mean my kids) have been looking forward to this all week. And it did NOT disappoint. Hilarity ensued. Check it out for yourself. "There is no charge for awesome-ness or attractive-ness." -Jack Black as Kung Fu Panda.






4 comments:

Scott@VoteOrDieBlog said...

I didn't have MTV growing up either and I feel like I'm still catching up with my peers.

I'm liking The Biggest Loser, but I hate Tara. She is a cocky brat and I heard she's been known to help out Benjamin Linus too.

bingham 5 said...

I can not stand Kate! On the season finale you could tell that Jon wants to be done, but she is all 'loving' it. Yeah, I would love free trips and things too! Poor Jon.

Aimee said...

I don't watch but I hear it is called Kate + 9.

Loving Lost too. Love. It. And Kate's hair in that one part of the ep was awful. She would NOT wear a scrunchy. What were they thinking? Sawyer is the star of the season. I wonder if real life Mathew Fox is a little jealous?

Scott is right, we hate Tara. She is doing well but for some reason her comments annoy me so bad. Those Togan boys are Mormons by the way. I'm sure you already knew this living in Zion and all.

And all I have to say about Yo Gabba Gabba is: There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy. It gets stuck in my head.

marcie b said...

take a number, rachel mcadams is mine...kidding...mostly. i developed my girl crush on her in wedding crashers and can't seem to shake it. i think she is darling. i have a whole list of girl crushes which may lead some to question my motives, but i assure you they aren't what you may think. i think it is envy more than anything. who knows? lost rocks, but it makes my head hurt too and i'm pretty sure it is the only time i measure high on the blood pressure scale. oh the price we pay to enjoy/endure "our stories."