Saturday, April 4, 2009

HOLY SHOMLY SHE'S THREE

So in preparation for Thing 2's third birthday today, last night I headed out to my least favorite place on earth. The toy store. Seriously I cannot stand that place. It drives me bonkers. And since everyone knows that God skipped me when he was handing out the patience gene, let's just say I avoid it at all costs. Especially if I have to two kids in tow. But since the only time I could get out was after the kids had gone to bed last night, it really wasn't so bad. It wasn't until Hubs called me at 8:00pm asking how much longer was I planning on being that I realized that life had seriously changed. I had just spent my Friday night at the toy store. By. My. Self. Sweet. But really, I had the funnest time. I got totally and completely mesmerized by all the toys. It was awesome. And when I got to the checkout line I realized that pretty much I'd gotten her all the cool toys I never got as a kid. And you know what? Every single one has been a hit. I tried to steer clear of the pink aisles (we have enough of that around here-barf!) and spent most of my time in the learning toy area. Here are a few of the gems I picked up.

My first 80's throwback toy pickup was this little beauty. You might not recognize it because of the awesome cube shape (allowing multiple people to play--brilliant!) but yes in deedy that is a LITE BRITE.

Growing up my friend Wendy had one of these and we literally went through pages and pages of Lite Brite designs. This has provided at least a few hours of entertainment today. Totally worth every single precious penny.


This next 80's throwback toy I HAD to buy for her the minute I saw it. I enjoyed many a SNOOPY SNOW CONE growing up. We never had one at our house, but I had a few friends who did. I was super jealous. But now I don't ever need to feel jealous again! I can have a snoopy snow cone any time I want. I am also hoping this might help move along the broken ice-maker-machine problem we are currently experiencing at our house. Hint. Hint.
And last but not least CHUTES & LADDERS. I spent many a day as a tyke enjoying this game. And since my kids are always begging me to play games, (and really how many times can you play Candyland and Elefun?) I decided this would be a good one to add to our collection.


I also got her a a doctor kit (she is a little shot happy if you ask me) and a hello kitty bingo game, as well as 3 Fancy Nancy books. She has been loving them all. Oh, and I can't forget the gigantic pink and purple balloon bouquet. The shrieking that came out of that girls mouth at the sight of those balloons was unbelievable. Holy cow, where did she get that kind of volumeage? I was able to catch some video, and I will try to post it over at the family blog. It's a bit long, so I'm not promising anything, but I'll do what I can.
I just love that little girl. We had an absolute BLAST today! She is a complete joy, and I am so glad she is mine. I caught her singing out loud twice, "I am three, I am three. Almost three and a half." Oh man, life sure does pass by quick. Wasn't it just yesterday I was begging the doctor to get her 10 pound body out of my uterus before I hurt him?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THING 2!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Nice job on the presents! You're the best mom in the whole wide world. I was always jealous of the snoopy snow cone too.

hubbs said...

Who needs a birthday party when you have a mom like you? Thanks for the reminder on the ice maker.

Lisa said...

Thanks for the great gift ideas. My #3 turns three in a couple of weeks and I might have to pick up the snoopy snow cone or Lite Brite.