Saturday, April 11, 2009

HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND!



Happy Easter y'all! I hope your weekend is filled with all things Easter-y! We will be egg-hunting our hearts out, dying eggs (for the first time with the kids! This should be an adventure.) like crazy, and brunching with the best of 'em.



While we are talking Easter. I'd like to give a little shout out for Christ. I'm grateful for his life and the perfect example he lived. I'm also often in awe of his death and the entire complexity, sacrifice and pure love of that event. And then there is the resurrection. For behind that big bunny, those delicious malted eggs, and a jelly bean or two, lies the real reason we celebrate this holiday. The resurrection of life, and the magnificent, often overlooked miracle of giving us the ability to be free from sin. For this, I am ever and daily grateful.

Sorry to get all church-y on ya. Here is my favorite Easter Hymn I'm hoping I get to rock out to and sing on Sunday.

He Is Risen!

With dignity

1. He is risen! He is risen!Tell it out with joyful voice.He has burst his three days’ prison;Let the whole wide earth rejoice.Death is conquered; man is free.Christ has won the victory.

2. Come with high and holy hymning;Chant our Lord’s triumphant lay.Not one dark some cloud is dimming Yonder glorious morning ray,Breaking o’er the purple east,Symbol of our Easter feast.

3. He is risen! He is risen!He hath opened heaven’s gate.We are free from sin’s dark prison,Risen to a holier state.And a brighter Easter beam On our longing eyes shall stream.


1 comment:

Aimee said...

Happy Easter to you too.

I loved your "shout out".