Friday, April 24, 2009

THIS ONE IS FOR MY TWO MALE READERS


So, according to this totally reliable (feel the sarcasm) news source, get this, Will Ferrill is set to be the first "guest" on the wildly popular (and also a little fake), Man Vs. Wilde.
This is the most fantastic news I've heard all day for a few reasons:
  1. no one, famous or otherwise has ever guest starred with ex-special forces solider and survival expert Bear Grylls. Will Ferrell will be the first to do this. Isn't this amazing?
  2. With Will on there hilarity is sure to ensue. I hope somewhere in the hour-long episode he does a Bear Grylls impression. In front of Bear. Cause anyone who really knows me, knows that I do a killer Bear Grylls impression. It really is fantastic. I hope one day you might be privy to the fantastic-ness that is my Bear impression. It's pretty impressive. And if I am ever in the same room as Bear, I am so totally doing an impression of him for him. I am sure I will be the first to ever do this to him, and he won't think i'm insane at all.
  3. This just might be every man I know (meaning Hubs) hidden or in Hub's case not-so-hidden dream come true. I think Hubs in fact wishes he were Bear. Hubs has even discussed this with his best friend and they have tried to set up their own Man Vs. Wild type excursion. They are 30. And NOT survival experts. And yes, they know these two things and still want to do it.
  4. And really, what red-blooded American male doesn't love Ron Burgundy, I mean, Will Ferrell? Really, it's like two of his favorite worlds colliding magically into one another. Enlightenment is most certainly going to be attainable.
  5. Apparently they drink their own urine!!!! And bite into reindeer eyeballs. Um, I thought reindeer lived in the North Pole? Is this even possible? Now, because of this information I'm not so sure I want to watch. However, I'm sure after hearing this particular info Hubs will want to watch and set the Tivo.

Okay, so if this information doesn't get you I don't know what will. Man Vs. Wild airs on The Discovery Channel. This particular episode will air in early June. Set or don't set your Tivos now.

To my two male readers out there. You. Are. Welcome!

3 comments:

Hubbs said...

I am so in!!! everything except for the drinking your own urine thing...not down, thanks. I don't know who your other male reader is, but if he wants to contact me, he can join the survival excursion too.

Hubbs

Brittany said...

I am probably actually a bigger Man vs. Wild fan than ANY of your male readers ;-) So this is very exciting to me! I think it would be hilarious if your hubs and friends actually did their own version... keep us posted! By the way, you can actually see and pet reindeer at this little petting zoo in Springdale just outside Zion natl park!

wade said...

I hope that I am considered one of your two male readers. Love the blog and love Man VS Wild