Saturday, May 8, 2010

THOUGHTS ON LOST

Okay, first off I want to say that I did not appreciate Lost taking a week breather. It was annoying how I had to catch myself up for a minute and remember why Jack was with Sayid etc. So, yeah, Lost producers? Bad move taking a week off. Just remember there are only a few episodes left, then you can have forever off. Moving along. . .

  • First off, lets talk flash sideways. Is anyone else confused by this nonsense? Jack seems to be getting closer to figuring out how they all fit together with flight 815, but Locke? His whole attitude was just weird. Makes me wonder if in some weird twist it's actually smokey in there not wanting to have Jack "fix" him. And really quick we must discuss the box Claire & Jack's dad gave Claire. I feel like I should know what this means, but clearly I'm missing something. The only connection I can make is that it's playing the song we've heard Claire sing to Aaron before. The "catch a falling star, put it in your pocket. . ." Anyone have any better insight into this? I feel like it must mean something since they put it in the episode when they have just precious few minutes left of the season, but maybe it was just to get Claire and Jack together again. Also in a weird sick way, I was sort of happy to see Locke's dad in a wheelchair. I know I am mean and terrible, but so was he. And lastly, nice to see Bernard again. Seems like he genuinely knows about the island life. HMMMMM.
  • Let's talk Jack for a moment. What a crazy turnaround his character has had through out the series. He reluctantly takes the leader roll, then, we see him in the flash backs and forward being a drunk and addict, then we see him in the flash sideways as a dad, and now we see him as a serious candidate and committed to the island. It's certainly strange to see one character take on so many different rolls, but I do have to say Matthew Fox is doing a wonderful job making each character believable and making his personality so multi-dimensional. We definitely learned more about the "rules" of the island. Meaning smokey can't kill the candidates, but can kill other people on the island, but the Losties can kill each other. Interesting.
  • So Fake Locke/Smokey decides to off as many candidates as possible. He can't kill them himself, so he must get them to kill each other. By taking an easily planted and very obvious bomb off the plane. How convenient. The most notable were Sun & Jin. I mean how sad was that? Even though I have invested so much time and energy into their relationship I still wanted Jin to swim away for his daughter. *Side note to Hubs. If we are ever in a sinking submarine, and I am stuck, and clearly going to die. Please swim away. Please. For our crazy kids. the end.* And even if you hadn't invested five years of your life into the relationship between Sun and Jin, it would have still made you just a little bit teary to see those hands floating away from each other in the water with the classic LOST music playing in the back ground. Sob. And I guess in a way we found out that Sun was the "candidate" of the two Kwans, cause Jin just basically kills himself, and I thought that was against the rules (remember jack in the black rock with richard?). Although I could be mistaken.
  • Sayid finally decides to wake up in this episode. Finally, finally, finally, only then to sacrifice himself, and die. So sad. I'm wondering what was the key to waking him up? Was it something Desmond did or said to him? And yay, we know that Desmond is still alive. I'm thinking it will be fun to find out how he fits into the whole scheme. Also, did you catch when Sayid says to Jack "It's going to be you, jack." Hmmm. Does this mean Jack is the ultimate "candidate?" And how would he know? Something again, perhaps Desmond said to him?
  • So, we know of the "candidates" left there is Jack, Sawyer (albeit unconscious), and Hurley. Kate of course is wounded but alive, but I'm thinking her time is coming as well. Especially cause she isn't a candidate and so neither Smokey nor Widmore see the point in keeping her around. Finally someone that agrees with me that Kate sucks! But an even bigger question I've got is what happened to Lapidis? Did he die, survive? I realize he's not a "candidate", but still. It'd be nice to know. And while we are on the subject, what about Miles, Richard and Ben?
  • One thing I just thought at the end of the episod was if Smokey knew who was dead and who was alive, meaning he knew Sun, Jin and Sayid were dead, doesn't he probably know about Desmond not being dead?
  • I am excited to see what role Widmore plays in this whole big mess. Whose side is he really on? And I am glad to see a return to Jacob and MIB next week.
  • And finally what is the significance with all the Losties getting together at the hospital? What does this all mean? I seriously have no idea, but I can't wait to find out!!!

So, the big Finale event is going down on May 23rd. That's a Sunday night -- not a Tuesday. ABC always does this for some reason. Moves their big finales to Sunday. Must be a bigger TV night for people or something. But ANYHOO, I want you all to know that I will most definitely be having a LOST finale party at my place for sure!!!! And if you comment on my Lost posts you are most definitely invited!!!! I shall be sending out e-vites for all quite shortly, but in the mean time, be sure to keep that night Sunday May 23rd open!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH IT!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Scott and I will be in town for the finale!!! Can we come too?! I really wanted to get invited to a party. We will try and be really cool and not talk during the episode but only at commercials or when it is on pause. :) Please add me to the evite.

naptime nostalgia said...

Absolutely Aim!

wade said...

Count us in. I am looking forward to seeing the 'master' at her work.

marcie b said...

okay, i am dying for you to post on the latest episode...what the **** is going on? call me stupid, but i don't feel like it was very enlightening. i am hoping you can decode it for me and make it worth using up an entire episode.