Friday, May 7, 2010

A FEW AWESOME THINGS

  1. Thing 1's Mothers day program at school yesterday. For his talent time, he read a poem, and unbeknownst to me decided to do an impromptu drawing right on the spot in front of everyone as his talent. I had no idea this was going to happen. I thought reading the poem we wrote together would be the talent. But no. I was dying. It was hilarious. Just like an episode of Win Loose or Draw. We were all waiting in anticipation of what his drawing was going to be. In the end it ended up being a fabulous portrait of his grandma. Love that darn kid.
  2. Speaking of Thing 1, did I tell you he finally learned how to tie? Yep, a few Sundays ago he decided to get serious about it, and so we sat down and within a half hour he had it mastered. He now has his very own pair of Chucks that are grey with skulls on them. And every time it rains he tells me how great it is that he has these Chucks to keep his ankles dry. Pure awesomeness.
  3. Back to the Mother's Day program -- loved the kid who for his talent sang Bob Marley's Buffalo Soldier. And the girl who tap danced on the carpet . And the boy who did ten cartwheels in a row. And the boy who told the vampire who was "here to vash your vindows" joke which took a really long time, and in which I'm convinced made it funnier than any other time I've heard it told. But my favorite was still Thing 1's drawing on demand. Classic. Kindergartners are awesome.
  4. One more thing about Thing 1, after some major luck we were able to get him into the dual immersion Spanish program next year (instead of the french program) which I'm thrilled about. Having him know another language will be awesome, but knowing Spanish will be fantastic. We had a huge cinco de mayo party to celebrate in which we ate nachos, and tacos and I made the most spectacular homemade salsa recipe which can be found here.
  5. Finally decided on a car seat for the babe. After 2 previous purchases & returns I think this will be the one. And most importantly it carries babies up to 32 inches. Which is always a fantastic thing when your babies come out the size of a small pony.
  6. I have good reason to believe that the nursery has a very good chance of getting painted today. I mean, I'm not holding my breath or anything, but I'm fairly certain come Sunday it will be done. This is the color I chose. A nice little warm gray. This is definitely awesome.
  7. Thank you to all of you for taking the time to comment on my nesting post. I love all the good ideas and product recommendations.
  8. It's Friday!!!
  9. The kids have a primary party today. Which means mom gets a little alone time. Hip, hip, hooray!
  10. Thing 2 has her dance recital tomorrow. This should also be awesome.
  11. So many things to be thankful for. Have no idea why I'm in such a positive mood. Must be the fabulous mothers day weekend we've got right around the corner, and the fact that even though it's not super hot, it is most definitely the Spring, and therefore no longer Winter, and therefore no longer sucky.
  12. My cup of vanilla Chi tea (herbal decaf of course) with a shot of skim and truvia that I whipped up myself and enjoyed last night. Heavenly. Only I'm not sure if they will have tea in heaven. But if they do, that's what I'm going to drink.
  13. The new mid-day Real game time for tomorrow. We're taking the kids. Not sure if this is awesome or not. I'll let you know later.
  14. This strange and unexpected, and totally out of the normal splash of optimism I'm having this morning.
  15. This commercial. Thanks for the link hoddogs.
  16. And this one. kinda enjoying the white haired lady. Makes me want to throw a shrimp on the barbie.

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday. I've got nothing but love for ya!

Oh, and for those of you waiting for a LOST post, it's coming. Sorry.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

That Sienna marketing campaign is hilarious. All those videos are funny.

And I realize they are marketing to my generation.

wade said...

Thanks for letting us Losties know that a post is coming...I was starting to get worried.