Thursday, May 6, 2010

MY LATEST GUILTY PLEASURE


So, my latest guilty pleasure. 9 by Design. Have you seen it? It's like all the great things I love about HGTV, smashed up together with a little reality TV. It might possibly be my new favorite reality show. It is about these two designers Bob & Courtney Novogratz, who own a design company Sixx Design. It follows them as they build houses, design for clients, and raise their 7 (yes seven!) kids in downtown Manhattan. Sure they have a lot of kids, but don't even for a minute think Bob & Courtney are anything like the Duggars. These people may have a lot of kids, with awesomely different names (Wolfie, Tallulah, Bellamy, Breaker, Five, Holly, and Major), but they also know style when they see it, and you won't see even an inch of waist length hair on this show-- hallelujah!
The other day I was trying to get Hubs to watch it with me. He hates big family reality shows (think jon & kate, duggers, table for 12 etc.), but I was trying to tell him that this one, was nothing like those. If for nothing else he had to watch because of the awesome design, and houses showcased in each episode. But what I should have done, was send him over to Apartment Therapy where they recently did a house tour of Bob & Courtney's latest home. It's right on the Hudson River in NYC, currently on the market for a cool $25 million and is probably one of the most spectacular homes I've ever seen. Might just be my dream home. Think modern meets vintage, meets cartoon. If you are at all interested in design, jump on over to AT here, and take a tour. Trust me you won't be disappointed.
Oh, and if you wanna catch 9 by Design, you can find them on Bravo! Tuesdays at 8.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love it too! Bob and Courtney's parenting style is pretty laid back. It seems like their kids look up to them and respect them. Cute family.