Thursday, May 20, 2010

LOST THOUGHTS

First off, sorry this post took so long to get up. Our laptop died so we are using an old laptop--seven years old to be exact. And it is so incredibly slow, I feel like I'm on a dial-up connection. Remember those? So yeah, sorry it took so long to get it up.

So, I have to be honest and say that I came into Tuesday night's episode with a bit of a chip, okay maybe a very large chip, on my shoulder due to last weeks ridiculous episode. The more I thought about last weeks episode the angrier I seemed to get about it. And really, I didn't want to feel foolish for sacrificing so much time over the last six years devoted to a show that was in the end just a bunch of crap. So, you can understand my relief when I discovered that this weeks episode would mean getting back to out lovely losties. So, without further ado, here are my thoughts on the episode:

  • Okay lets start off with Jack and the flash sideways. He's got this thing on his neck. And he's having breakfast with his son who reminds him of his concert. Now this concert I am guessing is where almost all of the losties will reconvene for one serious lostie sideways reunion. I think this is the same concert that Faraday will be playing at. So that will make Widmore and Eloise there. Jack will probably bring Claire. Jack's son's mom will be there (who I am guessing is Juliet), Desmond is bringing Kate, Hurley is bringing Sayid, Charlotte will be there, and I'm sure Miles will somehow get Sawyer to come along as well. Not sure what this all means, but I'm sure Desmond will get them all to realize somehow that they are connected, and then the realization will occur. I'm not sure what this will all mean in relation to island life, but I'm sure it will be the reunion of all television reunions and I can't wait!
  • So then we see Jack stitching up Kate --how very full circle of them. Reminds me of when he stitched her up (or was it her that stiched him?) after they first crashed. Don't hate me for sort of wishing that she had died. She is for sure one character that I will not miss once this whole shebang is over.
  • What a night for Ben! Finally we get back to Ben, Richard and Miles. We find out that Ben's got lots of rage still left over from Alex's death with ultimately results in him promising to do all of Flocke's dirty work in killing the candidates as well as offing Widmore. In a way it was sorta nice to see him get back to the evil Ben we all know and love, cause I was really starting to hate the wussy Ben we were getting episode after episode. I am also sorta hoping he is long-coning Smokey and in the end will kill him or something. Redemption would be nice.
  • But before Widmore is killed we find out the reason for Desmond. He is the failsafe. Should be interesting to see how this all works out. I'm thinking maybe he is the only one who can go into the light and survive? Oh, and what about Richard? I thought he couldn't die--i.e. was immortal? Or was I mistaken about that? And if he is dead, I'm kinda pissed cause I really enjoyed him and his eye-liner. So yeah, I'm really hoping smokey just threw him up in a tree somewhere and he's waiting to be rescued.
  • The flash sideways where Desmond beats the crap out of Ben was wierd, and I didn't enjoy the dinner with Alex whatsoever, except it was nice to see Roussou normal. The relationship Alex and Ben have in the sideways world sorta creeps me out a little bit. Am I the only one who thinks that?
  • Moving right along to the most important part of the night. Hurley sees young Jacob. Is this cause he had his ashes? Wierd. Then he runs after him, and suddenly he's adult Jacob? Even wierder. And he sits the Losties down and tells them why he brought them all to the island and chose them as his possible replacements (basically their lives sucked), offers them all the choice in the job opening, and as we've been predicting all season, Jack takes the bait, or rather the cup. Even though I knew Jack would do it, I was really hoping Hurley would. I just still love Hurley's character so much. I also found it interesting that Kate was also a candidate. And how funny was it that Jack had a cup in his backpack? Classic. So, Jack is now the replacement--and like Jacob. And it never fails to surprise me that Jack takes the job without making Jacob even answer a few questions. What is it with these people and not asking questions!!! Jack is now guardian of the mysterious, mythical, and slightly hokey light.
  • So now the question is: Will Jack succeed?
  • And remember at the beginning of this season when we saw the island under water? I am sure somehow this will come into play on Sunday I'm just not sure how. Is this how it all will end? Meaning that since the island is underwater, someone kills smokey, and Jack sacrifices himself on the island and drowns, so no one can live there and they all end up living in the sideways reality?
  • One thing is for sure, I am really looking forward to how Desmond is pulling all the Losties together in the sidways timeline. And I'm excited to see how he's gonna pull this "connection" to the island off. And how is Jack going to save the island? Perhaps in some weird way he will 'fix' Locke on the operating table? Who knows.
  • Best line of the night was for sure when Miles says to Ben: "I lived in those houses thirty years before you did, otherwise known as last week."

Anyhoo, I can't believe I there is only one episode left! It's a good thing I'm so excited, or else I'd be completely sad. Which I probably shouldn't admit, but I have really enjoyed this whole entire series so much. I am also getting excited for the accompanying shindig! I hope you all can make it! And if you didn't get an invite, and would like to come, it's probably cause I don't have your e-mail. Send me an e-mail to my naptime email and I will send you over an invite. Thanks so much to everyone who has participated in my lost "discussions" either on this blog or in real life. It's been a fun ride! Here's to Sunday!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

It is truly the ending of an era. I am having sad feelings about it.

What will we do when we don't have your Lost recaps anymore? I know they are fictional but I care so much now.

See you tomorrow for the Lost party! (and tonight too)