Friday, May 1, 2009

PURE RANDOMNESS

Okay so here are my random thoughts for this lovely Friday.


  • Did you know that No Doubt is getting back together? This is fantastic news. I absolutely loved their album Tragic Kingdom. I love how they incorporate rock and ska. We just don't hear enough Ska anymore. Remember when No Doubt used to be all about the ska? Yes, I do love them. And I'm happy about their reunion.

You can check out their first time performing live together since they have reunited. They did an oldie but a goodie. Spiderwebs. Check it out if you'd like.




  • Swine Flu. Also known as the H1V1 flu virus. Okay, where to even begin. First off people, stop freaking out. Remember Sars? Remember West Nile? Yeah, just a distant memory of another media driven, fear based "possible pandemic". Sure people died from both of these viruses, but probably not more than all the people who fall out of their beds at night and die. Really now. Let's not freak out until those tests come back positive.

  • Okay, no where in my little rant above did I say to travel to Mexico. Did I? Cause that would be really silly. But my little brother must like silly, cause as of yesterday he traveled right directly into the belly of the beast. Mexico City. Yeah, I always knew he was a bit crazy. Just know this, when he comes back, I'm staying far away, until the incubation period of that crazy flu is long gone. Next. . .

  • Mar & I have been working on this great idea that is going to make us millionaires! Well, at least hopefully will make us enough money to help start our new business. I just love our idea, and how it is shaping up. As soon as we are a little further along, we will unveil the brilliance right here. Stay tuned.



  • Felicity. Okay, if you are a reader you know that I loved that show. It had a great run. And whenever I happen to catch it on cable I like to sit and watch, just cause I loved that whole Ben/Noel/Felicity triangle too much. Well, the other night I had this dream, and I was living in the Loft that Sean rented on the show while they were attending NYU. You know the one. Brick walls, hardwood floors, huge open floor plan, loft bedroom, and the seethru fridge. Complete and total awesomeness. He let Ben live there and his girlfriend? Remember? Yeah, I wish secretly that I could live in a place like that. That was an awesome dream. No, unfortunately Ben wasn't there. Just me and my Hubby and kids. But we loved it there. And the kids thought the see-thru fridge was the bomb.




  • Every time my kids sit down to watch Yo Gabba Gabba! I find myself oddly jealous of DJ Lance. This is a bad picture, cause the guy has the skinniest legs ever. I wish I had the skinniest legs ever. His orange jump suit looks fantastic on him.



  • Lost. Okay, where to even begin. How about not with this week's episode but the one from three weeks ago since I forgot to blog about it. Oops. And then they had that lame "special" episode which was just a re-cap ep. Which I loathe. Okay so, stay with me. Three weeks ago's ep. Here goes. These are my random thoughts. Randomness within randomness. Equals awesomeness.
  1. Loved that this episode centered around Miles. So creepy that he can talk with dead people. Love that he is the Dharma dude's son. I so called that on the first ep he was on. Booyeah.
  2. Loved the interaction between Hurley and Miles. Mostly cause Hurley's my fav, and Miles is just so blunt and dry. Love that.
  3. The writers are really stepping it up this season with the one-liners. Best line of the episode comes from Hurley. "The Ewoks suck, dude." Hurley I agree, but Jar Jar Binks was pretty bad too. Also good line from Hurley, "Maybe he will let you hold baby you. . ."
  4. The guy that kidnapped Miles was on the plane too that crashed on the island. creeeepy.
  5. Is that Jon Gosselin?
  6. Still very confused about the dual-existing people on the island. Miles as a baby and an adult. Ben as a kid and as an adult. Very odd. Very kooky. Very Lost.
  7. Faraday is BAAAACK!!!!

Okay as for Wednesday's ep:

  1. Daniel Faraday is the original time traveler. "Doc" from Back to The Future's got nothin on him.
  2. Daniel's mom is crazy Eloise, and his dad is even crazier Widmore. I think we all kinda figured this out. This means Penny and Daniel are at least half siblings. That's cool.
  3. Eloise can see the future. This would be fine except for Lost futures are confusing. Can she see the future pasts?
  4. Why would Penny leave little Charlie with a nurse? I swear. Will these people never learn?
  5. Loved when Daniel was young and his mother told him that he couldn't play the piano anymore cause he had other things to do. And he says, "I'll MAKE time." Very apropos.
  6. Okay, can we finally talk about the re-occurring "sucky parents" theme that Lost has going on? John Locke-Dad missing until he used him and them pushed him out a window. Faraday-- Um, we've discussed this one. Eloise is just a bit controlling and bossy. Widmore seems rather snide. Penny--I don't think they have mentioned her mother, but Widmore is definitely creepy and they are no longer speaking with one another. Sun--her dad was a crook and very shady. Sawyer--Dad wasn't around, and mother was killed. Kate-- step dad was abusive. Mother was the key witness in her murder trial. Jack & Claire--Alcoholic father. Miles--thought his dad was dead, now he knows better. Plus his Dad listens to Country music. I could go on and on. I think you get the idea though. All the Losties parental units pretty much are worthless. I wonder how this will play out in the end.
  7. Apparently this is no longer the last season. Not sure how I feel about this. Was kinda looking forward to some answers and closure, but I do love Wednesdays purely thanks to Lost, so, hmmm. The jury is still out on this one.
  8. Okay, crazy thought here, but what if Desmond and Penny's son Charlie, really is the same "Charlie"? That would be wacko and totally Lost-like.
  9. Could Daniel be Jacob?
  10. Hmmm. Can we discuss this whole Sawyer/Juliet/Kate/Jack love triangle? It sucks. I hate Sawyer and Juliet together. What a jealous hussy. It's just a nickname. Jack just bugs me now, and Kate, well I just can't get past the scrunchie.
  11. Loved the Twitchy nickname. Classic. "Welcome to the party Twitchy, cupcakes are on the counter."
  12. Just love the whole ironic twist of the title. Yes they are lost, and frankly, so am I.

Hope you all enjoyed my randomness.





2 comments:

Aimee said...

Love the randomness. And yes, next season is for sure the last season. Apparently they knew that after the 3rd season that there was only going to be 6 seasons. Hope they tie it up in a nice big non-confusing bow for us.

Also the creator of yo-gabba gabba are mormons.

Can't wait to hear what you and Mar are brewing.

Loved Felicity. I want to fake sick and have Scott go get me the whole series and watch it all over again in bed.

Jo said...

So I loved our randomness,just like Aimee, and I love that we have the same great taste, even though I am ancient compared to you :) I am actually going to 'No Doubt' on the 25th as I love, love, love them; used to watch taped episodes of Felicity all through college (have bought my friends the sets and then borrow theirs quite a bit more than I like to admit) and just overall love your posts. :)