Monday, May 11, 2009

MOTHERS DAY MIRACLE


Well, I hope you all had a fabulous Mother's Day. I sure did. It all started off very nicely with me being able to sleep in till almost 10:00 a.m. !!! I honestly didn't think it was possible. I heard Hubs get up with the kids around 6:30, smiled to myself cause I knew my stars had all aligned (late church, no plans, etc) and today was the day to sleep. And sleep I did. I honestly don't think I have slept that late in six years!!! I was hoping for about 8 or 9 if I got lucky. And it felt absolutely fantastic to sleep till 10. And honestly I could have kept right on sleeping until noon, but when I cracked one eye open to check the time and saw that it was 9:50, and we were due to be somewhere at 10, I decided to roll out of bed. And the best thing was, Hubs knew we had to be there at ten, but he still just let me sleep, knowing we'd be late. I'm sure he knew I would have given him the death stare if he'd have waken me before I was ready, but also I'm sure he did it out of the kindness of his mother-loving heart. Thanks Hubs!

Then, I meandered slowly downstairs where Hubs was keeping the children hostage so I could sleep and was immediately trampled with hugs and a huge screaming Thing 2. Course she was screaming "Happy Birthday Mommy!" Close. Well, it's all the same in her book I suppose. Then we went upstairs to open only the most fabulous, thoughtful gift ever.

If you know me in real-life you would know that I come up with a million-dollar idea at least on a weekly basis. Honestly. Ask my family. Some of my ideas are just eh. But some, some are money-makers. Like the double-stuffed Oreo. Yeah, that was my idea first. Way before it came out. Told you I was a money-maker. Anyhoo, this latest idea Mar & I have brewin' is sure to be a hit and we've been working really hard on getting our proto-type made and perfected. The only problem with starting a new business is actually doing all the legal government mumbo jumbo. And that is just the part I hate. So, what did my fabulous Hubs do? He went out and started a L.L.C. for me. Complete with a tax ID so I can get my wholesale license and start buying crap for cheap. Seriously? Best gift ever right? I just love how thoughtful he is.

Then we got everyone showered, went to my MIL's house for a little breakfast (which was extra-delish) then headed out to church. (okay, a little side note here. Can I just say how much I love the late church? 1 p.m. rocks. Course I don't have a little one who naps through that time period anymore, so that's not a problem, which definitely helps.) Church was great because I was able to see Thing 1 sing, well, not really sing, more like stand there and look cute while the other primary kids sang. He kept looking over at me and grinning. Cutest thing ever! Then in Sunday school I got to hold a 7 week-old baby. And it was just precious. And I was happy when it was time to give it back. And in RS, I didn't have to conduct, or teach or anything. So that was nice.

Then, after church we went to dinner out at my bro and sis-in-law's house. It was absolutely scrumptious. But the cookies my sis makes for desert? To. Die. For. Her chocolate chip cookies are honestly my favorite things ever. For my birthday that is all I'm asking for. Some of her cookies. Now there is a business I should start. Go Sally!

Then because we stayed a little later than we should have out at my bro's house, the kids were extra-exhausted. It was past bedtime for sure. And just as my cute Thing 1 was nodding off, he says, "Mom, I hope you had a happy Mother's day." And then he fell fast asleep. Really now, what more could a mother ask for?


A perfect day complete with sleep, thoughtful gifts, good food, a little worship, babies, chocolate chip cookies, and my own soundly-sleeping children. Thanks everyone who made my Mom's day the bomb. You rock.

No comments: