Friday, March 27, 2009

TUESDAY'S TIP WATER BLUSH

Okay, so I realize that it's not Tuesday, but well, just go with it.

So, this one is for all you girls out there. Now, I've never been much of a makeup girl. In fact, I've probably only wore eyeshadow like 4 times in my life. One of them being my wedding. I hate putting it on and taking it off. And more than anything, I HATE to feel like I am wearing makeup.

But I have a confession. You know how most girls won't go out in public without mascara? Well, I am like that about blush. Seriously. I think I might be addicted to blush, and this one in particular. I probably wear too much because of it, but for some reason I just don't feel awake without blush. I know, I need help. But color is just good. Makes me feel healthy and alive. That's not a bad thing right?

Well, before two weeks ago I was a powder blush kinda girl. Only thing was, it would look great for a few hours, and then before too long I was looking dead. Blush would literally fall off. And well, sure I've tried cream blushes, and lets just say yes they stay on all day but it also feels like you have an oil spill on your chicks. All gooey and just no. Then one day I was browsing Tarjay and came across this little beauty.

It's called Water Blush by Pixi beauty. Pixi makeup is a company based out of London, but they sell their products at Target. Fab-u-lous. So, I see it in all it's liquid glory, and well, since I'm a sucker for blush I decide to give it a go despite it's $20 price tag. And well, I have to say, it's simply lovely. I put it on once in the a.m. and it stays put. Seriously. It looks EXACTLY the same when I head in to go to bed. No need to reapply when you go out for the evening. And no need for goo cheeks. But beware. This little tube of water is potent. It only takes like one or two drops per cheek. I rub it in with my finger and then go over it with a q-tip to take the top layer off. And I look sunkissed all day. It comes in two colors. One more pink and one more orange.

So, if you, like me, HATE reapplying blush, then next time you are at Tarjay give this little bottle a go. Sure it's $20 but I'm certain that it will last into the millennium.

Pixi Water Blush
Target
$20


P.S. Thanks for all those of you who have called or e-mailed or talked to me in person. I didn't mean to scare any of you. Life certainly has been interesting lately. But I've decided that well, yes, blush is stupid. Really stupid. And blogging about it is even more so. But for some reason, I like too. I know it makes no sense. But for now, I'm going to try to keep plugging along. Keep doing the things that brought me joy before. Everyone is dealing with shit. That's life, right? My shit isn't any more worse than yours. I just seem to be really crappy at handling it. Come Wednesday, I'm hoping answers will help. And maybe one day I will get the cahotes to blog about it. Okay, this is getting cheezy. Thanks for reading, supporting, and just being there. The end.

3 comments:

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

RE: h20 Blush... if it's anything like 'Benefit Cosmetics Cheek Stain' I know what you mean. I bought some in California back in '99 when I was a flight attendant (Oh my gosh, was it really THAT long ago?!?!)

Anyway, it looks like a similar product...deee-vine!

RE: your "p.s."... om shanti and namaste. :)

Jo said...

This stuff is great! I have reverted to using 'Pinch your Cheeks' by Origin as it's $10 and lasts me forever!!!! Which of course this would as well :)

Oh, and thoughts and prayers are with you on your PS. Looking forward to knowing more, if you feel so inclined to share. Rossi said he didn't want to pry, but he is thinking of you as well :)

Kristin said...

I had no idea a fellow blush lover out there. I am a lover of all things rosy and blushy and give me color-ee. I will DEFINITELY be checking this out.