Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Au Naturale

So, my friend Jenny let me in on one of Salt Lake's little known gems. It's a healthy fast food joint here in Sugar house. It's called Au Naturale and from my visit today, I can tell you I will definitely be back.
Here is a picture from the outside. It's located on 2100 S. and 800 E. They are open for breakfast 6:30-10:30 a.m. and open for lunch and dinner starting at 11 a.m.

Their food is healthy, tasty and completely natural. I love the drive thru option. Today my kiddos and I sampled the Vegetable and goat cheese wrap, sweet potato (baked) fries, and the acai berry frozen yogurt. And it was all absolutely fantastic. Sure it's a bit pricey, but I feel better putting this kinda food in my body (and my kids') than all that other crap out there. The sweet potato baked fries might just be a new addiction of mine. Yum-o!
Some of their other eats include a Roasted yam & Black Bean burrito, grilled southwest chicken sandwich, house made chicken pot pie, house-smoked bbq pulled pork, soups, salads and some delicious healthy deserts. Plus, I love a company that will happily put their nutritional information on their website (hello Cafe Rio!!?) and they stand proudly behind it. I like to know what I'm eating. They have plenty of vegan, vegetarian, gluten -free and low-salt options. Thankyou Au Natural!
So, if you are in the market for some healthy eatin head on over to Au Natural. Trust me, for health food, you won't be disappointed.








3 comments:

Jenny said...

I didn't know the nutrition facts were online! Nice! I can't get enough of the sweet potato fries.

Holly and Dave said...

amy, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. i don't understand everything you're going through, but please know i'm thinking of you. i'm so sorry you're having to face something sad, scary, and stressful. it's amazing how the world just doesn't seem the same during times like this. i would love to talk if you ever feel like it. although it seems like the rest of the world is spinning for everyone else while yours has stopped, it's not true. there are many of us who feel like our world isn't spinning either. or at least not like it used to. hang in there and know you are being prayed for. love, holly

Ashley said...

Amy! What? My heart is aching for you. I don't know what's going on, but I hate that you're having to go through this right now. Whatever the struggle is, I know you can get through it because you are one of the strongest people I know. I will be thinking about and praying for you. Let me know if you ever need to talk. Sometimes talking to someone on the other side of the country can help. :) Love you. Godspeed.