Wednesday, November 19, 2008

THE VEGAN CHRONICLES part 4



Well yesterday I happened to be out and about running errands with a few minutes to spare before I had to pick up Thing 1 from preschool when I passed a DSW. Also known as Designer Shoe Warehouse. Now, the great part about this, was at that very moment I remembered that I had a completely untouched, unused, and fabulous gift card to DSW that my mom had gotten me back in October for my birthday. How could I have forgotten about such a magnificent thing?

I have no idea.

So, I meandered around the ENORMOUS store, and happened upon these little bad boys. They are made by a company named J-41, or Jeep brand shoes. They looked pretty cute, so I decided to give them a go. And the minute I stepped in I was sold. They felt like I was walking on clouds. Well, actually, I've never walked on a cloud, so I can't really say, but maybe a better analogy would be to say it was like walking on marshmallows. Hmmm. I've never done that either, so, crap. Let me just tell you that they were cushy, soft, and the best part? They have these fantastic, really cushy, really high inserts. Which is something that is hard to find in a shoe. Trust me, I have super-high arches, and most of the time I just feel like I'm walking without any support at all. That's why my shoe wardrobe consists mostly of keens, crocs and uggs (and a wicked awesome selection of high heels. But these only come out for church or dates, so they don't really count. High Heels and my kids? Yeah right.). Now, I can add J-41's to that super comfy shoe list as well.

Oh, and they are vegan. No leather whatsoever. And that feels good.

Only problem is, I might have to go back for the brown ones too.


So, if you happen to be in the market for some cute comfy flats, my vote is the J-41's.

4 comments:

Jo said...

I love reading your blog Amy as you are such a savvy shopper and share such great finds! I love DSW and will love it even more now that you have found some arch supportive shoes or me! I too have a wicked high arch and have such a hard time finding the 'exact fit'. When I get paid next, I'm hitting the DSW!

Kristin said...

Amy, can i get your phone number again?

Becky said...

Those are way cute. I LOVE shoes. Good pick Amy!!

Deming Family said...

GREAT shoes. They are seriously fabulous! I amy have to copy. I'll give you all the credit, don't worry. Thanks for sharing!