Thursday, November 20, 2008

TUESDAY'S TIP preschool printables

This weeks tip is for all the mommies out there. Or aunts. Grandmas. Grandpas. Pretty much for anyone who knows a kid.

Looking for something to do with your kids/nieces/nephews/cousins while the turkey's a cookin' next Thursday? Then, search no further.

A few weeks ago, in search for some fun coloring pages that were holiday themed for Thing 2's joyschool, I came across this great website called Preschool Printables. From there I clicked on the Preschool coloring book page. Where I found about a gazillion printable pictures like the ones below.




What's so great about that you say? Well, let me tell you. I have found that this little site has become completely invaluable. First off, I love that it is free. Cause I really hate paying money for coloring books. (Or for anything for that matter.) It just seems like such a waste of money. And I love that they have about 25-30 pictures for each holiday. They have every holiday from Christmas to Groundhog day. Secondly, I can't tell you how many times I've quickly pulled up this little website just minutes before church is starting, printed off about 10 pages while I'm getting the kids shoes and coats on. By the time they are ready, I grab the papers and off we go. The kids love coloring them, and best of all, it keeps them quiet. And since it isn't an old coloring book they've sifted through a million times, it actually keeps them entertained. And it takes up alot less space in the old church bag. Wahoo for that.
I also love that they have printables for all sorts of other things. Like seasons, shapes, animals and bugs. They also have a whole section of birthday pages. My kids love to have print out cards, and they can color it and give it to whomevers birthday it is. Grandmas especially go for this sort of thing. They also have the alphabet, which you could color yourself and laminate and make into flash cards or just stick them on the playroom/bedroom walls or on the outside of their bedroom doors with their names. We also just recently printed out some fall leaves, colored them, laminated them (everything is better laminated. Especially with my $30 scotch laminator I got at Costco. Score!), and decorated our fridge. I'm sure you could do this with snowflakes in the winter, birds in the spring, and flowers in the summer.
After searching the site I've also found areas where you can find felt board story printouts, blank calendars, and certificates (for that just potty trained child for instance). The website isn't the best layed out website ever. Nor, is it very easy to navigate, but if you just click on the options to the left of the page you can't go wrong.
Happy Coloring!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks! I printed those for my kiddies!