Thursday, November 13, 2008

THIS SHOULD AT LEAST BE GOOD FOR A LAUGH. . .

Okay, so a few weeks back, I randomly needed a clock for my living room. Since my darling children had ruined my last one. So I went to T.J. Maxx knowing I was sure to find a deal, and I so did. In the clearance section I found the cutest white clock for $3. Score!

Well, I get home and I realized quickly why it was on clearance. It needed a specialized battery. Or so I thought. I tried the AAA (too small), and AA (too big) and neither one fit. On the back of the clock it said it needed a 1.5 volt battery. That's all. No indication of AAA or AA. Just 1.5 volt battery needed. Now, I know I'm not super-duper smart but since I have to buy special sized batteries for Thing 1's hearing aids I do know that batteries come in all sorts of sizes and shapes and volts (hence the 9 volt battery). And so, since I'm not really all that educated about batteries I actually went to the grocery store looking for a 1.5 volt battery. Yes. I. did. Well, after looking for a good 15 minutes and not being able to find anything between a double A and a triple A, I decided to just go to Radio Shack, since the guys there seem to know everything about anything even the least bit technical or electrical (which apparently batteries are.)

So, yes people I actually went into Radio Shack and asked them for a 1.5 volt battery! Seriously. It was all the guy could do to keep a straight face. I could tell I had just asked him a very stupid question cause he was really trying not to laugh. He says, "All triple A, double A, C, and D batteries are 1.5 volt." Hmmm. Now feeling quite stupid I said, "well I tried the double A and it didn't fit." He says, "What do you mean it didn't fit?" And then I said quite matter-of-factly, "It was slightly too large." Then he says, "Did you put it in the right way?" [Yes, I was seriously having this conversation.] Um, well I. . .that got me. I mean I know I'm not retarded, but hmmmm, now that you think about it. . . I quickly said, "Thanks for your help." And left.


And yes, I'm sure he then busted up into a fit of giggles. While I got into my car in a fit of embarrassment.


Got home, went to put the battery in, and yep, once again it doesn't fit. So, just for kicks I turned the battery around, and whaddaya know? IT FIT! Oh. My. Heck. Am I really that stupid?


Yes indeedy.


Then I started laughing. Cause really, it's funny if you think about it. I went to two different stores in search of a 1.5 volt battery and pretty much told a sales guy what an idiot I was. Awesome. I totally rule.


Then, Hubs came home and I told him the whole story. And he laughed. Hard. I am seriously so slick.


Well, at least I got a good laugh out of it. And, lets be honest, I'm sure the sales guy told at least his 10 closest friends. So, really, if you think about it, I made alot of people laugh. And that's good. Right? Cause I know I'm smarter than that. Aren't I?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just so selfless of you to provide comedy and laughter to such a large group of people! What a woman!

Stacie said...

I love it Am, that is honestly hilarious!

Jer + Lu said...

Just about every one of your posts leaves me laughing out loud. Thanks for the entertainment! And this whole prop 8 is getting way too out of control...

Becky said...

That made my day. I am still laughing!!