Friday, October 30, 2009

THE GIVING TREE



Okay, well, I know Halloween hasn't even come and gone yet and I'm already doing a Thanksgiving post. But I have a good reason. Promise.
So, I found these cute little trees and leaves printables over at Living Locurto via Chocolate On My Cranium. I thought it was such a great idea, that I decided I would print one out for each of my kids, cut and laminate them so they would be ready for November 1st. That's just two days away friends. So don't dawdle.
So, here is the deal:
01.Download the free printable HERE. One for each child/person. Tip: download on card stock for extra durability.
02. Print out a couple of pages of leaves for each person.
03. Starting on November 1st, cut out one leaf, and write something you are thankful for. Glue the leaf to the tree.
04. Cut out another leaf and write something you did to help or give service to someone else that day. It can be as simple as a smile, singing a song to make someone feel better, or writing a letter to Grandma. Glue this leaf to the giving tree.
05. Do this each day leading up to Thanksgiving. By Thanksgiving your trees will be full of leaves! On Thanksgiving read what everyone is thankful for and what they did to give to others.
I thought this would be a great Family Night Activity (Nov. 2), and a great way to extend Thanksgiving throughout the whole month of November.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Cute idea!

hannah said...

This is such a great idea. Thanks.