Tuesday, October 5, 2010

RANDOM RANDOMNESS

  • Hi bloggers. Did you think I had died? Well, too bad. No such luck. I'm still here. Finally feel a little more like myself with each passing day which is nice. I feel like I have lots of stuff to blog about and am constantly thinking I should blog this or that, and then poof. No time. Baby eats it up, kids eat it up, and the Amazing Race also eats it up a bit too.
  • Speaking of The Amazing Race. How funny was that first episode with the watermelon in the face? Right in the kisser. Pretty much said that four billion times since. So hilarious. I was dying. I was shocked though that there wasn't more lasting damage to her face. Lucky girl. Also, is it just me, or does that show make anyone else anxious? I swear I need to put on an extra layer of deodorant before I watch.
  • So, I finally decided to get serious about losing this baby weight. So I signed up for Weight Watchers. Again. Only this time it's free. Yep, free. One of my previous times in which I gained seventy pounds and then lost seventy pounds I kept on going even after I met my goal and got lifetime status. Which I thought was totally useless. Until now. Lucky for me, since I'm nursing and a lifetime member, it's free. And not like sorta free if I pay for online or some crap like that. But really free. I just had to get a note from the doc stating I was solely nursing and they comped me for a year. I just hope it doesn't take that long to get all the weight off. Sure I could just follow the program at home by myself since I'm so well versed in the whole point stuff by now, but honestly there is just something for me about being accountable, and going and actually weighing in. I'm a lot more honest about what I eat. Plus it helps that I downloaded an app for my phone for .99 cents that lets me track my points. Total convenience. WW wanted to charge me like an extra $15 bucks a month to use their app to track points. Um, no thanks. Lucky for me there are all sorts of talented cheap people out there willing to rip other people off and make awesome helpful apps. Go them. Oh and I'm down 7 lbs., not including the 4o pounds I've already lost.
  • In addition to signing up for WW I started running. Then stopped. Oh how I hate running. Loathe it really. And if I'm being honest, every step I took of those marathons I ran I hated too. So, I got to thinking. What did I do as a kid to keep in shape? And mostly I just rode my bike and roller bladed and stuff. And then it hit me. Roller blades. Um, hell yes! So I got me a awesome jog stroller, picked out some sweet K2 blades, strapped on my helmet and went for a ride. And I loved it. Even though I look totally ridiculous with my blades, helmet, and stroller, I seriously get the best workout ever. I'm serious. Laugh if you want, but it's better even than running. Honestly. Must be something about having to balance on all those wheels, but I seriously sweat more when I blade than when I run. Maybe it's because I tend to slow down or walk when I get tired of running, and you can't slow down when you blade, or you'd fall over. But it kicks my ace, and has been helping in my weight loss. I've been blading every day at the park for about 2 weeks, and I'm loving it. Look like a total nerd, but loving it.
  • K, so have you heard about this show? Pretty sure it's one of the most amazing half hours of television out there. Yes, it's on MTV. Just ignore that fact. Go, watch it. Trust me, it's good TV. Something about the guys spirit that just gets me. I loved the autism ep. So good.
  • Since we are talking TV, are you watching Modern Family yet? So funny. So, so, so, funny. I'm also really loving Project runway this season. But really, when do I not love it? Go Mondo!
  • I'm not just a tv junkie. I like to also waste time reading as well. In fact, I just finished The Hunger Games series. Fan-double tastic. Loved the first, loved the second as much or more as the first (which I think is really rare for a trilogy), and was totally engrossed throughout and honestly read them all in about 4 days. I was the awesomest mom for those four days.
  • Might be addicted to Bit O' Honeys--which incidentally should really be called Lots O' corn syrup. But oh is it delicious honey flavored corn syrup.
  • Hating, hating fall this year. For some reason my allergies are out of control. Usually it is my favorite time of the year. Boo to you pollen.
  • Thing 1 is killing it in first grade. His Spanish is off the hook. He seriously can speak Spanish and it's only been a month. A few weeks ago, he translated the entire Go Dog Go book from English to Spanish. But he also has turned into a little hellion. Whoever said the two's were terrible, clearly hadn't yet hit the sixes.
  • Might also be addicted to Red Mango. For sure my favorite food as of late. Madagascar Vanilla and mini dark chocolate chips. Party in my mouth. Should buy stock in this company since I go there so much. Good for my belly, not good for my wallet.
  • Have been eyeing a few different boots for this winter. Nothing says Fall like a new pair of boots.
  • Was so excited to find that Costco carries my beloved bagel thins. Now that I'm on the points system these are a staple at my house. I love bagels but can't afford all the points. But these bad boys are only 1 point each. Put a little turkey (1pt) and some tomatoes (0 points) and some mustard and you've got a filling 2 point sandwich. Yum.
  • I'm loving all the smiles coming out of Thing 3 as of late. He is such a happy cute baby. And a total trooper always in the car picking up or dropping off his siblings, or at home being mauled by them. Love him. I think it's funny though that he is in 6-9 and 9-12 month clothing. He is 3 months. I have no idea his stats cause I don't go to the doc again until he is 4 months. I'll bet my left over baby belly he is off the charts.
  • Just got back from Bear Lake with the Hubrichs. Realized from here on out, vacations will no longer be relaxing now that we have 3 kids to tote along. Fun, yes. Relaxing, no.
  • Cut my hair. Well, bangs really, and it's been over a month and I still love them. So much. Thanks Em!
  • Got my new specks from Warby Parker. Love them. Went with the black Zaggs. Can't beat the price, and fit.
  • Blessed the baby. Hubs did great. But I'm pretty sure Bobby Sid stole the show. Best. Sacrament. Musical. Number. Ever.
  • Can't think of anything else to bore you with. Hope you are all having a fabulous allergy-free fall.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I love all the updates Am. and I love rollerblading. Haven't done it in a quite a while but in 3 months after I push this baby out, I think I will pull them out of the dusty closet. and I may be calling you about WW tips! I'll have to do SOMETHING serious! Miss ya girl. Give that baby a squeeze for me.

Oh and you've inspired me to finally update my blog soon. maybe.

Aimee said...

Missed you.

I need to do the WW. What is that app you got?

We LOVE Modern Family too. All the characters are the greatest.

Jen said...

I love WW, but I'm trying to lose the weight for free this time (not counting the personal training sessions I just bought at the gym...). It's been rough.

I looooooove Modern Family!! I get annoyed at people who say it looks "gross" or "dirty," usually just because it has a gay family on it. Ugh.