Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TUESDAY'S TIP: SWALLOW THE FROG


So, I decided since LOST was long over, I'd have to get back to some regular old Naptime postings. So, I'm bringing back and oldie but goodie: Tuesday's Tips.
Without further ado. Here goes nothin'.
Our first Tuesday's Tip is one I read on another blog a few months back about making your mornings and days more smooth. And I've been implementing it ever since, and I have to say, it is absolutely making my life easier. And I'm all for easy, and simple, especially if it comes without a pricetag. So, this first tip is called. Swallowing the frog. Or Eating the frog. Or something like that. I can't remember exactly.
Basically it is just doing that thing you are dreading first thing in the morning. Get it out of the way, and off your mind, conscience and to-do list. For example. Maybe you dread paying the bills, or cleaning out your fridge, or doing the laundry. Whatever it is, as soon as you are up and at em, like the wise people at Nike have told us for years, just do it.
For me it's the laundry. I dread it. But even more than dreading it, I hate having it pile up all around me, and overwhelm me. So, now, every morning after I've had breakfast, I go and put in a load, transfer over to the dryer, or fold the clean ones and put them away. Whatever the laundry needs that morning. And I can't even tell you how much it has changed our lives. I've tried laundry schedules before, and just couldn't quite stick with it. But knowing that I just have to do a load every morning, just as part of my day makes it so much easier to stay on top of. Also, and here is the kicker, I've started putting away the folded laundry immediately. This is so easy, yet so hard to do, but makes the biggest difference.
I love this tip. It really has changed my life. I currently have a dark load to do today, but then everything, and I mean everything, other than what we are all currently wearing is clean, folded and put away. And that simple thing makes me so happy, relieves stress, and anxiety.
So, it may not be laundry, or any of the other things I've suggested, but whatever it is for you, once you've gotten up, and are sufficiently awake, just go ahead and swallow that frog. It will make the rest of the day feel so much better. I promise.

2 comments:

bingham 5 said...

I'll have to try this with exercising - maybe.

... said...

I love this tip!!! Though, it may be hard to pick just one thing I dread... Thank You!