Friday, June 18, 2010

TUESDAY'S TIP: BELLY BLISS MASSAGE

Crap-dang-it. Yes, I realize it's Friday. So, sue me. But, better late than never, right?


So, I'm huge. Like really huge. Like I'm pretty sure I'm having another 9 or 10 pounder huge. Yeah. So not fun. But I've been trying really hard to stay positive, at least in the blogging world about said huge-ness. I don't want to complain, cause really, I'm super happy to be pregnant, and feel uber-blessed to be able to do this for a third time.

With that being said, let's just be honest people, the last month of pregnancy sucks. I really feel like it goes one month too long. The last month is just full of swelling, and no sleep (I literally get up about 5-10 times a night to pee or roll over from sore hips), and serious aches and pains. And since I feel like I can't really complain too much on the blog, Hubs gets most of the complaints. I mean, it's sorta his fault right? Ha. Just kidding babe. So, I guess one day all my complaining about my sciatica, and sore hips hit him, and he sent me this e-mail with a link to this lady and her little prenatal massage business. And I would not be joking when I tell you that I called her that very moment. Booked myself a massage right then and there. Huge bonus points go to hubs for taking the initiative for finding me this fabulous gift from heaven.

So, I've been twice now, and all I can say is: I wish I'd known about her sooner. Her name is Rebecca Overson, and she has magical hands people. Magical I tell you. Her company is Salt Lake Prenatal Massage or Belly Bliss Massage. She specializes in prenatal massage, labor massage, and postpartum massage. And she is awesome! And if I can talk hubs into it, I'm so going to be a regular client of hers for well, forever. Cause postpartum is like forever after you have a baby, right?

So, if you know someone who is pregnant, or you yourself are, do yourself, or your loved one a huge favor, and book them or yourself a massage. You will not regret this decision. Best thing I've done. And by the way, how awesome would it be to get this as a gift at your baby shower? Or how great would it be to give the gift of massage as a gift to a new mommy? Priceless, right? I only wish I'd known about her sooner. She also has a labor-inducing massage too, if you know someone wishing they were in labor like now. I would totally sign myself up for this pronto, but my doctor is out of town for the weekend.


So, yeah. That is my tip. Call Rebecca. Book a massage (or gift certificate). And be blissful. Oh, and tell her I sent ya.



No comments: