Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Colony : Discovery Channel

Colony : Discovery Channel

Posted using ShareThis

So, as I've told you before, hubs has some strange fascination with survival television. I used to rationalize this interest by saying that he was you know, just kinda like looking out for the family. In case we are ever stranded in the middle of the Sahara Desert or something. Or perhaps like a lazy mans provident living. Learn how to live off the land. That sort of thing. In fact, I'm sure if we ever run into hard times and have no food, Hubs could cook us up a delicious meal of grass and leaves. And then I will feel silly about ever joking in the least bit about this fascination. But I'm starting to think this Discovery channel craziness is getting a we bit out of control. I mean, first it was Man Vs. Wild, then it was Survivorman, then Men Vs. Wild,then Deadliest Catch (um yeah.) but now it's this show.

It's another Discovery Channel delight called The Colony. It's another survival reality show. Only this time, a bunch of people bunk up in an old warehouse, become convinced that world has come to an end, and they are the last people left on earth. Really, even as they are giving interviews to the camera men they are scared and worried about their survival. What? See that camera? You are on TV. Not in any danger of dying. It makes no sense. Somehow they become so stupid, I mean psychologically convinced of this fact that they actually make some pretty interesting TV. At first I thought, oh great. Another Discovery Channel gem to take up space on my DVR. And well, after watching about 4 full episodes, I can honestly say it's officially the dumbest show ever. Although I do wish I was as brilliant as the professor who can make the most incredible things out of a carburetor, hanger and a piece of gum. Seriously. Where did they get this guy?

No comments: