Wednesday, July 7, 2010

WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

Hey Bloggers.

Good Morning!

Usually as I am perusing my google reader, I just mostly click through. Stop at my tried and true feeds, and catch up with friends via their blogs. But today, there was a post on a non-friend blog that made me stop. And boy am I glad I did. It made me think for a minute. It's titled "How To Live A Better Story." And I had to wonder, how is my story going? Is it what I thought it would be? Thirty years old, Three fabulous kids, nice house in the burbs. Is this the story I should be living? Is this the story i want to be living? The answer of course is absolutely. I mean, I created this life with the partner I love. But I have to ask myself could I do anything to make my story even better? Push myself a little? step out of my comfort zone? Take an uncalculated risk? Learn something new? Accomplish something I once, or even never thought was possible?

And so, I think I will. Shake things up a bit. Or at the very least get a get a good list going of things I'd like to do. Have. And most importantly, Be.

So, if ya get a minute, check out this quick read from Simple Mom, titled, How To Live A Better Story.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sorry I'm so late in congratulating you on your little guys' arrival! I LOVE that name. Seriously, if I had a boy, that was my vote for his name. So cute!!! I'm 3 months post-delivery and I still try to stay in the shoe dept. My baby weight is coming off so much slower than last time. Boo. I LOVE those red shoes! Where did you get them?

Congrats again! So, so happy for you!

Ashley said...

Hey Amy! Just wanted to say Hi and I'm dying to see some more pics of that new babe of yours. Hope you guys are doing well!

I think I might come out in September so I'll need to see you of course. miss you!