Monday, July 5, 2010

TUESDAY'S TIP: STAY IN THE SHOE DEPARTMENT


So, at first, as your Tuesday's Tip, I was going to tell you not to go shopping a week after giving birth. It's very depressing. Yes. There I was formulating this post in my brain, as I walked amongst the shorts and jeans and tops in the sizes of my former self. It was then that I realized how silly, and rather almost crazy it was to be out clothes shopping this early. And then, while hubs was perusing the suits (the real reason we went shopping), I remembered that even though my waist isn't back, my feet are. And so I meandered into the shoe department. It was right then and there that I fell in love. With these little beauties pictured above.
I think they are adorable, and just what my spirit needed after the depressing jaunt through the clothing department. They are bright red. And have ruffles. And were only $32.95, thankyouverymuch.
Do you think I'm asking too much out of this shoe as to hope that the bright red-ness and ruffle toe might somehow distract the eye down away from the slightly-still-pregnant-looking-belly I've got going on, and straight to the cute shoe?
Yeah, I thought not either. So, my tip: A week or even 10 days after giving birth? Just stay in the shoe department people. Trust me on this.

6 comments:

bingham 5 said...

Lucky you that your feet went back right away - mine took forever to not look like Fred Flintstones. Cute shoes by the way!

Jo said...

Love them!!!! They are so cute! Where on earth did you get them? I may have to get some myself as I need some fancy shoes for my internship!

naptime nostalgia said...

Hey Jo,

I got them at Nordstroms Rack. The one out on 106th. I think they have way better stuff out there.

Good Luck!

marcie b said...

very cute. you need and deserve a little something to put on your body that isn't dependant on your current waist size. my first purchase was a cardigan, they are fogiving. hope all is well and that he is letting you get some zzzzzzs.

camihubrich said...

Good attitude Amy. Plus I always told myself that everyone was looking at the baby and not at me anyways. I told myself that a lot....

Jen said...

How about 5 weeks after giving birth? Clothes shopping is STILL depressing, but you've inspired me to go shoe shopping.