Sunday, June 6, 2010

LET'S GET THIS DONE!

Now, I know I haven't really talked about the tragedy that is the BP disaster of an oil spill down in the gulf, but I do have strong feelings about it. Obviously. Cause I have strong feelings about most things. But I sorta don't want to always be the Debbie Downer. You know what I'm talking about, those type of people who only blog about terrible things, or only post negative, woe is me sort of crap of their facebook statuses. (oh how this irks me. ) But really, this whole oil spill thing just really ticks me off. For lots of reasons really -- no one willing to take blame, the fact that these companies have had hundreds of egregious safety violations in the past, yet we still let them drill, the fact that thousands of people are out of work because of it, but mostly cause they can't seem to figure out how to stop the flow. Now I get that we can't just put a bandaid on it, and call it good, but really? Going on 6+ weeks and we can't figure this out?

So, when I came across this little clip, I knew I had to post it. Sure, it's not gonna stop the leak --we'll leave that to the brainiacks over at BP to solve, but at least it will help clean up the ginormous mess left in the gulf and the wetlands, and hopefully keep it from spreading any further.

You can check it out here if you'd like.

No comments: